It's been an eventful month between an unforgettable vacation and the pieces falling into place for the next chapter. I was beyond excited to find out I will be teaching at Papillion Junior High next year. It's making it somewhat difficult to stay focused on school here, but I'm trying my best! It's hard to believe there's only 8 weeks left of school. It sounds so close yet so far, all at the same time. I'm definitely ready to go home. But, at the same time, it will be hard to leave those little cutie pies. I also decided to scrap the extra travels in the summer (minus the few days I will go back to the beach), and just head home. I'll be home on June 20.
Visiting Roatan for spring break was a major highlight of this year! It was so fun to share it with Nikki and Gina, two friends from home. Roatan has all the best features of Honduras, but also has additional things that can't be found here in little ol' Gracias; a variety of good foods, English speakers, clubs and the BEACH!
This was our rental house for the week:
And some photos of the fun we had:
Another recent event was "Culture Day" at Minerva. Four of my students were involved in learning and performing some traditional Honduran dances. While the final product was adorable to see, I still cringe at the amount of time those kids were pulled out of class to practice over the past two weeks- I mean, full DAYS they missed (teacher friends, you understand)! Not to mention, the music was blaring and reverberating in all of our classrooms during these practices. Between the noise and heat (drenched in sweat at 7am = not fun), teaching and staying productive has been especially difficult. I also couldn't run the fans for 4 days straight when the power was out. Ok, enough complaining. Look at these cute pictures:
One last random thought to share. My friends and I were talking about habits we may bring back to the States after our experience. Bagged food and drinks will probably (definitely) be something that will be hard to shake. I mean, it's so practical. Why didn't I just eat my leftovers out of baggies before? Or pour my drink into a bag and stick a straw in it? Yep, that happens on the regular here.


















No comments:
Post a Comment