Here it is, the things I will miss about Honduras:
How the kids run, play and have fun all time time without needing to force them.
The weekly brunch spectacular with my friends.
Making fun out of nothing. Boy, did we have fun many nights just sitting in uncomfortable plastic chairs around an ugly plastic table.
Baledas and cena tipica. yum.
Being constantly appreciative of conveniences from back home. I know I will never forgot how it felt to not have certain things, but the feeling will inevitably die down over time.
The never ending supply of hot sauce and jalapenos. I never even liked anything spicy before this year!
Bags of water. They're so cold, cheap and convenient.
The pulperia across the street that supplies me with my cold bags of water, orange juice and credit on my cell phone. Thanks for being so close by and for not making fun of me all the time when I misprounounce things.
Pretending like I speak another language.
Spending not even $10 every month on my phone.
Cheap avocados.
Year-round flip flop weather.
The wonderful friends I have made.
Snack time - all day, every day. It's abnormal if you don't participate.
Doing anything you want anytime. There are no rules!
And #1- these 27 cute faces:
I've been trying to spoil them rotten during our remaining weeks together and we have been having so much fun!
They presented Hora Civica for the last time. In fact, no more of those --ever!
I used this idea to give them a surprise every day for the 10 days leading up to exams. They pop a balloon to find the surprise. Only 4 more to go!:
There are many more fun things on the agenda for this week. I am going to treasure my remaining time with them. They have truly been the highlight of this whole experience.
This past weekend, my roommates and I went to Santa Rosa to visit the art studio of the father of our Spanish teacher. He is primarily a screenprinter, and prints many of the big burlap bags for coffee that are exported all over the world. He has different designs depending on the country it goes to. His name was Gilberto and he was wonderful. He showed us the screenprinting machines that he built himself and even printed tee shirts with us.




















Great blog Kristin!
ReplyDeleteGREAT JOB KRISTIN! !
ReplyDelete